Saving power is empowering
Many believe that becoming energy efficient involves sacrifice. You’ll have to make painful lifestyle changes to reduce your utility bills.
However, nothing could be further from the truth.
Reducing your power consumption is incredibly easy. And at Co-operative Energy Saving, we’ve helped countless homeowners discover how empowering it feels to:
- Save money
- Protect the planet
Each additional energy efficiency improvement not only saves you money today, but it also helps to shield you from future price hikes tomorrow.
However, where do you even begin?
Start with the low-hanging fruit
These are simple tips you can implement today – without spending a penny:
- Turn off appliances when not in use. Just your computer alone is costing you £90 a year if you leave it on 24/7. Keeping appliances on standby isn’t much help either. You can save £80 by disabling this energy-wasting feature
- Adjust your thermostat down by 1ºC and save £90 annually
- Only do full loads in the dishwasher and make £75 in savings
Taking energy reduction to the next level
With the savings you’ll enjoy you can begin exploring some bigger, more intensive, home improvement projects. The following improvements do have an initial cost but quickly pay for themselves once installed.
- Install LED light bulbs. Did you know that 90% of the energy used in incandescent bulbs comes off as heat – not light? By using energy-efficient LEDs, you can cut your electricity use for lighting considerably
- Use a smart thermostat to intelligently regulate your home’s interior. Potential savings exceed £150 annually
- Invest in proper insulation. With the right type of insulation, you could save £500 a year in energy consumption
Want more energy reduction tips?
Let us help you discover the countless ways you can:
- Save energy
- Save money
- Save the planet
With all the money you’ll have left over, you might be ready for the ultimate energy-efficiency project. Going solar allows you to create your own electricity – and get paid to do it.
To learn how we can help you slash your utility bills, contact us today.